The physicians and staff at Reading Health Physician Network – Cardiothoracic Surgery are all board certified, having years of experience in the treatment of cardiac and thoracic problems.
Furthermore, it is our philosophy that patients referred for open-heart surgery and thoracic procedures are cared for by the surgeon who performs the surgery. With the assistance of medical colleagues and the staff of our organization, we care for our patients and their families until we feel it is safe and appropriate to discharge the patients and return to the care of their cardiologist and/or family physician.
Our extensive range of cardiac care capabilities include:
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Including:
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Mitral Valve Surgery
- A-Fib Surgery
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
- Off-Pump Surgery
- Surgical Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure
- Thoracic Surgery Including:
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
- Valve Repair and Replacement
- Ventricular Assist Devices
Our expert team of surgeons and support staff are leading providers of vascular surgery and related services in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, including:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Atherosclerosis (Peripheral Arterial Disease)
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Deep Venous Thrombosis
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Ulcers
Orthopedic surgery is the branch of medicine concerned with diseases, injuries, and conditions of the musculoskeletal system relating to the body’s muscles and skeleton, and including the joints, ligaments, tendons, and nerves. Orthopedic conditions may be treated by your doctor or other medical specialists and healthcare providers. Several doctors from different medical specialties may be involved in the treatment at the same time.
Our Orthopedic Treatment Team can help you with Chronic Pain, Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, and explore treatment using Injectable Corticosteroids and other orthopedic treatments.
With the latest in Bariatric Surgery options, we help you meet your weight loss goals, while providing ongoing support and education. Our Weight Management Center offers multiple options for weight loss surgery and accepts most insurance types.
The brain and nervous system are very complex, so identifying the best surgical solutions for patients is crucial to providing life-saving care. Reading Health Physician Network – Spine and Brain Neurosurgery is a multidisciplinary practice staffed by surgeons, advanced practitioners and registered nurses. We perform more than 400 surgical cases per year. Our neurosurgeons specialize in treating neurosurgical ailments including:
- Spine fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal cord tumors
- Spine trauma
- Brain tumors
- Pituitary tumors
- Brain trauma
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
Surgery is often an effective treatment for many abdominal and GI conditions, but traditional open surgery with a large incision is highly invasive. Fortunately, there are minimally invasive surgical options. The most common is laparoscopic surgery which is effective for many routine procedures, but the rigid surgical instruments can be technically challenging for delicate or complex operations. Another minimally invasive option for patients facing abdominal or gastrointestinal surgery are the da Vinci® Surgical Systems which feature special robotic instruments that bend and rotate far further than the human wrist. As a result, your surgeon is able to operate with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity, and control. Reading Health System offers the only da Vinci® Surgical Systems in Berks County.
We have a very large Podiatric Surgical Department from which a resident will benefit from our variety of vast educational and training experiences. Reading Hospital boasts an extreme high volume Emergency and Trauma Center, outpatient clinic, in-patient services, wound care center, and surgical cases. These all will provide a resident with an outstanding academic and clinical learning opportunity. Our goal is to train a premier podiatric physicians and surgeons who will practice with the utmost ethical standards.
Our Urology center offers a variety of services from 2-Hour Urine Collection, Kidney CT Scans, and Cystometry to Kidney Scans, Biopsies, Transplants and Ultrasounds. Other services include Lithotripsy, which is a procedure used to treat kidney stones that are too large to pass through the urinary tract which lets people with certain types of kidney stones avoid surgery, as well as Antegrade Pyelogram, which is an imaging test to find blockage in the upper urinary tract.
This procedure allows the mammologist to better evaluate normal breast tissue and also allows the radiologist to see through areas of dense breast tissue that might potentially be hiding cancerous masses. It also allows for improved detection of early breast cancer. Tomosynthesis does not require any more time or compression than the 2D mammograms and is approved for all women in both the screening and the diagnostic setting.
This procedure looks for abnormalities inside the upper part of the esophagus and large airways in the lung.
A procedure used to look at areas in the throat that cannot be seen with a mirror during the physical exam. A thin, lighted tube or endoscope is inserted through the nose or mouth to check the throat for anything that seems unusual.
The goal of pain management programs is to help you return to the highest level of function and independence possible, while improving the overall quality of life–physically, emotionally and socially. Pain management techniques assist in reducing your suffering. The philosophy common to all the varied psychological approaches is the belief that you can do something on your own to control pain, including changing your attitudes, the perception of being a victim, feelings or behaviors associated with pain, or understanding how unconscious forces and past events have contributed to pain.
At Reading Health Physician Network – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, we are committed to helping you meet your goals by providing the best available plastic and reconstructive surgery services in a caring and trusting atmosphere. Our dedicated team represents the highest level of expertise and integrity. Comprehensive plastic and reconstructive surgical services are performed in a safe and comfortable environment, and we offer the reliability and resources of the only hospital-based practice in the region.
- Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™
- Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery
- Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Cardiac Services
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Five-Star Recipient for Overall
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure Bariatric Surgery
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care™
- Top 5% in the Nation for Critical Care
- Top 5% in the Nation for Neurosciences
- Neurosciences Excellence Award™
- Stroke Care Excellence Award™
- Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for Surgical Care
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for Acute MI and Heart Failure
- Disease-Specific Certification in Total Hip Replacement
- Disease-Specific Certification in Total Knee Replacement
- Disease-Specific Certification as a Primary Stroke Center
- Blue Distinction® Center for Bariatric Surgery
- Blue Distinction® Center for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery
- Blue Distinction® Center for Cardiac Care
- Rated High Performing for Knee Replacement
- Ranked #1 in PA for Knee and Hip Replacements
- Awarded Only Top Urban Hospital in PA
- Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Heart Failure
- Mission Lifeline Gold Plus Receiving Award for Heart Attack
- NCDR Platinum Performance Achievement Award ACTION Registry-GWTG
- NCDR Premier Status Achievement Award Acute Coronary Syndrome-GWTG
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Top 100 Hospital with Great Heart Programs in Nation
- US News: Rated High Performing for Congestive Heart Failure
- American College of Cardiology’s ACTION Registry®-GWTG Premier Status
- Accredited by Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Center